CHS Marching Band
David Talbert, Band Director
CHS Band Boosters:
A parent volunteer organization supporting CHS band by providing help and fundraising activities during band camp, football games, concessions, competitions and other band functions/events.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact band boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 3:15-5:30pm
Fall Band Fee $175.00
- students must have a medical physical for participation in marching band
- Spring Band Fee $60.00
- Enrollment in the Fall Semester includes rehearsal and performances for marching band, concert band and pep band. Attendance is required at all extra functions, including “band camp” (Late July-Early Aug), after school rehearsals, and performances.
- Enrollment in the spring semester includes rehearsals and performances for concert band and pep band. Attendance is required at all extra functions including after-school rehearsals and performances.
Game and Performance Schedule: 2016
- Aug 19: Upperman (H)
- Aug 26: Livingston (A)
- Sep 02: Warren Co. (A)
- Sep 03: Marching Contest @ Upperman
- Sep 09: White Co. (H)
- Sep 16: Siegel (HC)
- Sep 17: Marching Contest @Cumberland Co.
- Sep 23: Blackman (A)
- Sep 24: September 24 Yellow Jacket Invitational at Trousdale Co.HS & Sequatchie Valley Festival at Sequatchie Co. HS
- Sep 30: Coffee Co. (A)
- Oct 1: Marching Contest at Stone Memorial – Cancelled
- Oct 14: Home vs Smyrna – Pep Band only
- Oct 21: Oakland (A)
- Oct 22: TTU Homecoming Parade
- Oct 28: Riverdale (H)
- Nov 04: Playoff game #1 TBA
- Nov 10: Veteran’s Program
- Dec 03: 11th & 12th Mid State Auditions
- Dec 04: Cookeville Xmas Parade
- Dec 10: 9th & 10th Mid State Auditions
Dec 15: Band Holiday Concert
- Everyone must stay in a seat and face forward.
- No yelling or loud talking.
- Radios and CD players must have headphones.
- Food and drink are usually allowed as long as trash is picked up.
- No glass bottles are allowed. No switching buses.
- Couples must sit in the first five seats of the bus.
- No flashlights or flash photography at night.
- No dressing or undressing on the bus. Changing facilities or restrooms are usually available when needed.
- Bus drivers, chaperones, staff, and student leaders are to be minded absolutely.
- Uniforms are to be worn properly or not at all.
- Jewelry and watches are not to be visible while in uniform. Studs in pierced ears are acceptable.
- Clothing worn under the uniform is not to be visible.
- Shoes and gloves should be clean and white.
- Black shoes should be worn with black socks. No exceptions. Socks should be at least mid-calf in height.
- No hats are to be worn with the uniform other than the official hat and plume.
- Show shirts or band shirts are considered casual uniforms when worn as a group.
- Plumes are stored separately and are put away after each performance. They should not be left in your hat box.
- Uniforms should be hung properly on a wooden or plastic hanger when not being worn.
- Hanger should have the student’s name and various uniform numbers written in plain view.