Demand evidence and think critically.
AP PAYMENT SCHEDULE 2018-2019
FEE: $96.00 each AP class
DUE: ….. on or before Thursday, December 20, 2018
PAYMENT GOES TO: Mrs. Hall/3rd Floor Office (exact change or check made payable to CHS)
Advanced Placement Exams are rigorous, multiple-component tests that are administered at high schools each May. High school
students can earn college credit, placement, or both for qualifying AP Exam scores. Each AP Exam has a corresponding AP course and provides a standardized measure of what students have learned in the AP classroom.
In May 2012, more than 2 million high school students at over 18,000 schools worldwide took AP Exams. The majority of U.S. high schools currently participate in the AP Program, and most four-year U.S. colleges and universities grant credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying AP Exam scores.
For each curious and motivated student in your school, there’s bound to be an AP course that matches their unique interests. AP offers 34 courses in a wide variety of subject areas, including art, computer science, world languages, government and politics, and more. AP Exams are an essential part of the AP course experience, and help students:
- Stand out in the admission process
- Earn academic scholarships and awards from colleges and universities
- Experience college-level academics now, while they’re still in high school
- Save time and money once they get to college, providing them with more study options and allowing them to move directly into upper-level courses in their field of interest
- Earn AP Scholar Awards, an academic distinction granted each September by the College Board to students with exemplary AP Exam scores. (A continuation of this information please go to the AP Central Website)
CHS AP Coordinator