Attention Seniors: You can apply for FAFSA beginning Oct. 1 for the 20-21 school year. There is information regarding filling out the FAFSA in your senior folder. We are hosting a FAFSA Frenzy on Oct. 28 beginning at 5:30 at CHS.
Here are some helpful tips to remember…
- Always have correct Social Security Number and Dates of birth for students and parents
- If they can fill out their FSA ID’s three days prior to FAFSA night, that would also make your night go easier.
- Prepare or know your emails prior to FAFSA night. Ensure they are able to access those while completing the FASFA. Incorrect passwords or forgotten usernames create an undue burden on FAFSA night’s that cause the student/parent frustration. Remember it’s never too early for a student to create a professional email or a family to create an alternate college email. Don’t use the High School email!
- Come with a binder or planner to write down all your information. FSA ID information can be really hard to reset due to identity theft procedures.
- Bring 2018 taxes for both parent and student. Also, bring your 2018 w2s for both parent and students.
- READ. Take your time and read. All questions should be answered in the help text.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval tool if possible.