7 Things You Should Know About UT Martin
- ACT Super Score: New for Fall 2018 applicants, we are now super scoring the ACT for admissions and scholarship decisions. Please encourage your students to send us all of their test scores for the best possible super score. We will take ACT Scores from their high school transcripts when available.
- College Application & Exploration Week: During Tennessee College App week (September 25-29), UT Martin will be waiving our $30 application fee for all applicants. Please encourage your interested students to apply if they have no already done so! The fee will be removed from our application beginning Saturday, September 23. As a reminder, we do offer other opportunities for students who qualify to get their application fee waived. Check out those options on our web site.
- Transcripts: We take transcripts through most online services (SendEDU, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, and more), and we will take ACT Scores from high school transcripts when they are available. You can also email a transcript directly to me, and I will get it processed.
- Fall Preview Days: We have three Saturday Preview Days this fall (Sept. 23, Oct. 28, and Nov. 11), and high school sophomores and juniors are invited to attend. Reservations should be made online. In addition to a campus tour, prospective students will have the opportunity to meet with UTM faculty, staff, and students, and learn more about academic programs, living on campus, student life, and financial aid. We hope to see many of your students on campus for these events!
- Campus Tours: We offer campus tours each weekday at 10am and 2pm. In addition to the campus tour, students have the opportunity to meet with a faculty member in their intended area of study while they are on campus. Tour reservations are available on our web site.
- Six Locations to Serve Students: In addition to our main campus in Martin, we have five Centers throughout West Tennessee to serve students. Our Centers are in Jackson, Parsons, Ripley, Selmer, and Somerville. All general education courses are available at the centers, and some degrees can be fully earned as well. For more information, visit the Educational Outreach web site.
- Fall Enrollment Update: UT Martin has recorded its first fall enrollment increase since 2010 by reaching 6,800 students for the 2017 fall semester. The total includes 1,048 freshmen (10.8% increase) and 531 transfer students (13% increase). Overall enrollment increased by 1.4%. The average ACT for our freshman class is 23, and the average GPA is 3.54. Go Skyhawks!